Bloor-Yorkville IceFest 2007
So, I’ve been living around downtown for 4 years, and this is the first time I knew about the Bloor-Yorkville IceFest. Well, it looks like a ton of fun… actually more like 35 tonnes of fun.
Friday Feb 23rd marks the official kick-off for IceFest and the arrival of the ice. See the magic Winter Wonderland come to life as artists put the finishing touches on this amazing scene, crafted from an astounding 35,000 lbs. of ice.
There’s a ice carving competition, a horse-drawn carriage, and an ice sculpture exhibition! Even better, all festival proceeds, including a portion of revenue from participating Shop with Heart retailers for February 24, will go toward the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Piqued your interest?
Sassafraz Ice Carving Competition
Where: Village of Yorkville Park (Cumberland and Bellair)
Now in its 11 year, the carving competition will once again take place in the Village of Yorkville Park on Saturday Feb. 24. Carving begins at noon, with all sculptures being completed by 3 pm. Come cast your vote for your favourite sculpture between 3 and 5 pm, and then join us as we announce The People’s Choice Sculpture and the winner of the Luxury Bloor-Yorkville Prize Package.
Exhibition Ice Sculptures
Visit the following locations to view magestic, I’ve plotted a map for your convenience!
(1) RENAISSANCE COURT – 162 Cumberland St.
(2) HOLT RENFREW – 50 Bloor St. West
(3) HUDSON BAY CENTRE – 2 Bloor St. East
(4) MANULIFE CENTRE – 55 Bloor St. West
(5) POLAR ICE VODKA – Village of Yorkville Park
(6) SCOTIABANK – 19 Bloor St. West
(7) HOLT RENFREW CENTRE – Village of Yorkville Park
(8) DR. DIANE C. WONG, Cosmetic Physician – 70 Yorkville Ave.
(9) SALON DANIEL & SPA – 79 Yorkville Ave.
So, this is all happening Friday Feb 23rd and Saturday Feb 24th. Don’t miss it!