It’s October, and for us fourth years that means it’s time to apply for graduation. Oh my. For many of us, we joke about our degrees and how we’re going to starve once we graduate and how we’ve spent so much time, money and sanity just to get this stupid piece of paper that says we’re smart. Or something like that. In any case, before you despair about the fact that you didn’t feel as if all that time, money and sanity was worth it, here are a few things you should think about and keep in mind before you graduate.
- You’ve grown and developed as a person more than you might think.
- The truth is, you’ll continue to grow and develop whether you’re at university or at work.
- You are your own harshest critic.
- You know yourself better than anyone else. Follow your gut.
- Life isn’t all about the little numbers in your bank account.
- It’s okay to be wrong sometimes.
- Your educators are people too.