Frisky Business: The Top 10 Make Out Spots on the U of T Campus

Not U of T Students Making Out

Summer is here, it’s getting warmer (for the most part), and animals are procreating. You are probably in love, looking for love, or have aching loins. What do you all have in common? You’re frisky and you want to make out; don’t deny it! The U of T campus is pretty empty now that it’s summer, and if you are taking summer courses, why not take advantage of this? You might have your own secret areas to make out on campus, but here’s a list of our suggestions. Read on for photos, ratings, and a map of the best make out spots on campus!

10. Woodsworth College Quad

Woodsworth

The Woodsworth courtyard is a perfect place for courting. It is quiet, except for the gentle sound of water flowing from a strange, fountain-like structure. There are windows all around, however. Anything you do will be seen, so watch out. Unless you’re into that stuff.
privacy: 2 locks
romanticness: 3 lips

9. Victoria College Pond

Victoria College

Victoria College
Perhaps you prefer an artificial waterfall to spice up your make out location. If so, then get yourself and your make out buddy to Victoria College’s pond, just off to the side of the Pratt Library. Careful not to get anything wet though. You don’t want to passers-by to frown upon your indecent behaviour.
privacy: 2 locks
romanticness: 3 lips

8. Faculty of Forestry

Forestry
This thick mass of foliage near the Faculty of Forestry provides good making-out camoulflage from passersby. If you want to keep things PG, you can also just sit down and enjoy the peaceful sounds of birds chirping and leaves rustling.
privacy: 3 locks
romanticness: 3 lips

7. Lash Miller

Lash Miller
Don’t like trees? Recently constructed, the courtyard of Lash Miller is the place for you. You can still enjoy the sunshine and breeze without potentially getting dirt and leaves on yourself. Just don’t mind if a friendly, U of T raccoon passes by (yes, I saw one when I was taking this picture).
privacy: 1 lock
romanticness: 2 locks

6. Courtyard Beside UC

UC Courtyard
This is the perfect, open area to have a picnic and cuddle over a nice blanket. Don’t try to make any moves, though, because a lot of people walk by this area.
privacy: 1 lock
romanticness: 3 lips

5. UC Quad

UC Quad

UC
If you liked the scenery in Harry Potter, you probably enjoy the atmosphere of UC. It has a very peaceful, mysterious, woods-ey feel. If that makes your loins tingle, that’s okay, because other people in the quad can’t see what you are doing if you are far enough away from them (given that it’s nothing too obvious).
privacy: 3 locks
romanticness: 3 lips

4. Knox College Quad

Knox College

Knox College
In the beautiful quad of Knox college, you will find yourself surrounded by gorgeous Gothic architecture. There’s even what looks like a love seat at your disposal. Don’t get too lovey-dovey though, because there are windows facing the quad. And afterall, you wouldn’t want to be caught doing anything unchaste in the quad of U of T’s school of theology.
privacy: 2 locks
romanticness: 4 lip

3. CCBR Bamboo Garden

CCBR

How do you know if a location is a good make out spot? Well, you could judge the setting, the scenery, the privacy etc. Or, you could just notice that people always, ALWAYS, make out there. This, is one of those spots: the indoor bamboo garden in the CCBR building. Bonus advantage: it’s scenic setting indoors, so it can be your make out “go to” spot for those stormy days.
privacy: 2 locks
romanticness: 3 lips

2. Philosopher’s Walk

philosopher’s walk

With an expanse of trees, grass and paths, this romantically named location is an idea make out pot for those beautiful summer days. You can find a spot a bit out of the way to avoid the occasional passerby and break out your make out. (Oh yeah, I saw people making out while I was there to take the photos for this post)
privacy: 3 locks
romanticness: 3 lips

1. New College Basement

New College
This tutorial room located in the deserted, maze-like basement of New College is a definite no-no for first dates. On the other hand, you are looking for a private place to study, or “study” (hint, hint), it’s the perfect place to rent out from the porter. You can just lock the door and let loose.
privacy: 2 locks
romanticness: 1 lip

Rating key:
1lip – a last resort
2lip – acceptable
1lip – pretty good
1lip – very romantic

Privacy level:
1 lock – hand-holding and hugs only
1 lock – French kissing okay
1 lock – discreet PG-13 action allowed
1 lock – hubba hubba — anything goes!

Make Out Map:

View Larger Map

This post was brought to you by the collaborative effort of Lori, Barbara, and JP. Leave a comment below and tell us where you’ve made out on campus before! Upload photos of your favourite campus spots on the blogUT Flickr Pool. Alternatively, go give our suggested make out spots a try and tell us what you think!

Also, see the Toronto Star’s 6 makeout spots in the city.

26 comments for “Frisky Business: The Top 10 Make Out Spots on the U of T Campus

1. Panzz
    June 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm

LOL, you missed Robarts library study room! I accidentally ran into people making out there… It will be more private if you can find a way to lock the door. It’s got nice view up there. You can see the lake! I guess it’s a bonus for romance :D

2. Lori
    June 27, 2008 at 10:30 am

Panzz: There’s a lake? What floor is the study room on?

3. Alice
    June 27, 2008 at 2:27 pm

What about the little chapel area beside the UC college? Granted it has no privacy, but its so adorable.

On the roll of no privacy, I would vote for King’s College Circle for all the exhibitionists out there ;)

4. Lindsey
    June 27, 2008 at 4:08 pm

Lash Miller should have been a lot higher. The couches on the 3rd and 4th floor are crazy busy with young couples.

5. Panzz
    June 27, 2008 at 4:59 pm

To Lori: I meant Lake Ontario, lol. Only a corner of it though… Don’t want to raise your expectation to too high and have you disappointed :P
    The study rooms are located on 9th ~ 13th floors. I don’t remember on which floor I saw them. I would expect 13th floor to be even prettier during sun rise/set ;)

6. Camille
    July 8, 2008 at 8:43 pm

What is CCBR and why haven’t I heard of it before?? and I htought I knew the cool hidden places on campus… indoor bamboo garden!

7. JP
    July 9, 2008 at 5:38 pm

CCBR is a new building. Check out its location on the embedded Google map! =)

8. Judy
    July 25, 2008 at 6:38 pm

1. The 13th floor or Robarts is GRRREAT!!! A lot went down in room 13132! ;)2. There is a telephone booth with a seat in it in the basement of UC. It’s located right under the large wooden stairs…low traffic and lots of room!3. The balcony looking down on the squash courts at Hart House is usually dark. It’s a great place to make out after a sweaty workout with significant other.

9. bella
    August 3, 2008 at 11:53 pm

the rooms in the basement at UC

(.. but something always goes down at new college..) ;)

10. wayne
    August 5, 2008 at 10:06 pm

CCBR is connected to MedSci, right?

I can’t remember the name of the college building, but one of the small religious colleges by Vic (you see the building when you get off at Museum Station) has a little chapel with a locking on the 3rd floor that’s perfect! It’s carpeted if you wanna use the floor and there’s this padded bench thing as well.
    Victoria’s Pratt Library also has handicap washrooms on the top floor that are HUGE single bathroom kinds (ie a whole room that locks). It’s not much in terms of comfort but you’re guaranteed comfort – it’s the perfect study break!
    In trinity library on the second or third floor (maybe even both?), if you go all the way down the hall in either direction you’ll find the quiet study room. It’s carpeted and has comfy couches and a little fire escape thats kind of hidden out of sight if anyone walks in through the door. It’s usually empty during summers, just don’t go around closing time when staff make their checks.
    And there are always a few empty rooms at OISE, most of which are lockable.

11. Lori
    August 18, 2008 at 4:07 pm

@everyone who commented: WOW some people have been busy ;)

12. Angel
    November 27, 2008 at 1:13 am

Omg, that is bloody amazing O.O I’ve never actually ran into anyone making out (having visited some of the places you’ve mention).

Anyways, must try out the new places ^_^… how do you get into the 13th floor robarts rooms?

13. Anonymous
    February 4, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Sex against the floor to ceiling windows of the Bahen Center. Hallway, 4th floor. Adds excitement. so my friend tells me.

14. Trevor
    March 25, 2009 at 11:11 pm

OMG… this is amazing… me and my girlfriend were complaining about having no places to go!

15. Joe
    August 3, 2009 at 3:38 am

For any BJ nut I heartily recommend CCBR, new building. Something about this place will have your girl reaching out and [bleep]ing on your doodoo before you can say, “I was wondering….

16. Gabi
    November 1, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I’m really impressed..

17. joss
    November 30, 2009 at 6:29 pm

joe: ..so where exactly in the CCBR would i go if i wanted to surprise my guy?

18. kelly
    December 5, 2009 at 8:13 am

lol………………..

19. Nikola
    January 2, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I might have been pleased with this post if there weren’t 10 000 spelling mistakes. A suggestion might be to write your posts in Microsoft Word and then post them. Great concept though!

20. March 7, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I enjoyed reading your interesting yet very informative insights. I just love reading about 10 top anything and everything under the sun. Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to reading your newest and most recent blogs!!! :) – 10top

21. Lisa
    March 20, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Great article!

The Trinity College & Massey Hall quads are very beautiful as well. If you want to keep things PG that is.

22. Lisa
    March 20, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Errr…. Massey College that is

23. UPDATE
    March 23, 2011 at 9:28 pm

there are barely any bamboos now in the Donelly Centre (CCBR) … they should bring the indoor-nature back .. i miss it

24. Jingle
    April 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Haha this is great!

Now that I know all the places to go, I just need to convince someone to go discover them with me. ;)

25. Farisa
    September 28, 2011 at 12:25 am

I propose a part two to this post with even more spots!! :)

26. rock
    January 30, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Lol I’ve gotten bjs in the gerstein library basement where they keep journals.